Wednesday, 12 October 2016

Iris in Venice

Iris has been away with her gorgeous man :-). It was a lovely get away, a time to rejuvenate and just relax. During that time I haven't been writing, but I definitely have some beautiful scenes for future works. Italy is a beautiful place and would love to go back there some day. We did a lot of walking and a lot of wine and dinning, which was great. Here are a few pics of our break!


















Me and my boo at the Grand canal of Venice, Italy. Isn't he mwah! It wasn't too warm, but we were grateful we had some sun. The scene behind us is to die for, it's beautiful. I've been wondering how I can incorporate it into a story, but worry not, it will come when it's needed!


















Did I say the food and wine was divine? It's just lovely. On the second day there I enjoyed pasta with lobster. First time to crack my own lobster, well not the first time. The first time the kind waiter helped me, but I soon became an expert.  Don't be surprised if one of my characters struggles with this too haha! It's nice to add your own experiences to the mix sometimes. 


















Doesn't this picture just want to make you breathe! Each time I look at it I just want to let out a deep breath and relax. It's so beautiful. I guess I can always look at it when I want to take a moment. Italy was a beautiful experience and I'm grateful for having the opportunity  to visit it and with someone really awesome!

Anyway, with the break behind me, it's back to work. I've been working on a story a while now. So keep your eyes peeled. It's a story close to my heart and feel that it will help others understand how dark depression can be. Sometimes people just don't know what to do, and feel embarrassed about feeling depressed. What I've learned is that when you take responsibility for your mental health, you're taking care of you. You're loving you, and that's the most important thing. No one can love you until you learn to love yourself. 

Loving The Broken You will be out soon!




















That's all for now! Stay beautiful!

- Iris



No comments:

Post a Comment