Friday 4 March 2016

The Hookup (Crazy love series)

If you're looking to read something a little different, then The hook up might be the thing for you. It's all about living in the present moment because we can never know what's going to happen tomorrow. Louise discovers this as her world turns upside down, but love has a funny way of turning things around. Even if it comes in an unexpected way. The Hookup is now available on Amazon. 


What would you do if your hookup was actually falling in love with you? Louise has been served enough heartbreak to last her a lifetime. But when she starts hooking up with a hot guy, the last thing she expects is love. Louise doesn’t want to know the details. Details equal relationship. But when something happens in her life and she has to depend on her no strings man, things start to look different. The hookup is not so much of a hookup anymore. It seems life has other plans.









AMAZON UK


Excerpt

‘You okay?’ Laura asked concerned.

‘No. No I’m not. This break up is really getting to me. He won’t talk to me. It’s so rude of him.’

Laura sat beside her and placed her hand on Louise’s hand. ‘He’s a dick. It isn’t you. It’s him. If he doesn’t have the decency to be polite about this, then it’s on him. I know it’s easier said than done. I’ve been through this with my first divorce.’

Louise looked up at Laura. This wasn’t something she’d heard before. Laura had always been a private person.

‘Yep. I’ve been through this and I know exactly what it feels like. My ex-husband left me for another woman. It was so unexpected. I thought we were in love.’ When she spoke there was no pain. ‘It was like a punch in the throat. He did exactly what Chris is doing. Ignoring calls, not helping with the financial decisions. It was a nightmare. At times I thought I wouldn’t survive it. There had been times I felt like taking my own life.’

‘Oh my god, Laura.’

‘Yes. It was that bad. You’re strong. You are the woman you say you are. You got up today and you came to work. I hid at home for weeks. I blamed myself. I tried everything to convince him to take me back. Nothing worked. It was horrible.’

‘Lord.’

‘But here I am. Married to the man of my dreams. A man who is a hundred times better than my ex-husband. If I’d let it destroy me I wouldn’t have found him.’

‘Thanks for letting me know.’

She nodded. ‘It may feel like this will never pass, but believe me it will. One day you’ll look at him and feel nothing.’

‘Well I can’t wait for that day, because right now I’m going through hell.’

‘I know. Go through it. Feel it. It will pass.’ She patted her hand.

Louise understood it in theory, but in practice it was so different. ‘Yes I get it.’


No comments:

Post a Comment