Wednesday 19 December 2012

Merry Christmas and a happy 2013


It’s been a year and some months since I published my first novella. It has been an interesting journey and I’m looking forward to 2013.

If there is one thing I’ve learnt is that you can’t please everyone. I once heard a saying that opinions are like butts, everyone has one. So there will be people who like what you write and there will be people who don’t and that’s okay.

When you do what you love you stay true to yourself and even though some people may not like what you do, you do and that’s what counts. When someone doesn’t like what I write then it is clear that that person should not be reading my work and will probably never will again.  The people who do like what I write will, I hope will read more of my work. I’m grateful to all my readers, those who like my work and those who didn’t. They have all taught me something valuable about myself, like never give up and keep writing and improving my craft.  Our world would be a boring place if we were all the same. It’s good to have difference of opinion.

On a different note I’m happy to announce that I do have a new story coming out in the New Year. A love story that I’m so excited to tell. It started as an idea and I wanted to play with the characters a little and it turned out different to what I’d set out for it to be. It will be part of a series. Not sure how long the series will be but I will keep writing it until there is nothing left to write. I guess we all fantasise about the love we desire and even though sometimes in reality it may not be so, at least in our imagination we can make that dream come true.

Finally I just want to say thank you to all my readers and all my followers for an inspiring 2012. I've learnt so much and I’m continuing to learn. May you all have a blessed Christmas and an amazing 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment