Thursday 12 October 2017

Inmate Series book three

Remember the inmate series? Well Trevor and Regina are back and we finally get to know the truth!

A promise is a promise. I promised to finish this series and I have. Book three is now available. I am grateful I was prompted to finish this series. I had no idea how it was going to continue or end because I had forgotten the original story. But the minute I started to write the ideas flowed. The magic always happens in the doing. By the time I was done writing I was buzzing. I had a writing high!

So here it is, book 3 in the inmate series. I had no idea I would enjoy it so much, but then again, I love writing about psychopaths.

Morbid curiosity?

Could it be as Grisolia (2001) says: ‘Our fascination with psychopaths seems to well from a deep, dark place within us a place that yearns for an absence of constraints that longs for unfettered domination of others.’


God forbid!




The truth about Trever is finally revealed. Regina has got herself into deep trouble with a serial killer. She could go to jail or die if she carries out his wishes. But it isn’t just Trevor who’s a threat. There is a lot more to it than that.
Cristiano turns up in the nick of time. A coincidence? Perhaps. But he is the only person she can trust to get her out of the shit she finds herself in. In two days a miracle must happen or her life is over. What happens when she runs out of time? It’s life or death for Regina.














Excerpt


‘Regina Lawrence, born January 1978, mother alive, no siblings. An only child who was loved and cared for. Married to Taylor, or should I say going through a divorce. Or are you divorced already?’
‘Who are you?’ her heart raced. She was afraid for her life. If he knew this much about her, then he must be working with the same people working with Trevor Stackhouse.

‘You went to Sheffield university, did your masters at Huddersfield university and your research for your PhD at Leeds university. You then worked with the NHS, then worked with a charity raising awareness about mental health. You met Taylor while at a charity event. He was the same as you at the time. Both working for the good of people.’
‘I want to go home.’ She pulled on the bedcover terrified.
His voice was calm, he didn’t flinch or turn threatening, all he did was tell her about her life. ‘For a while, as a couple you loved helping the less advantaged, but after marriage, and unable to fall pregnant naturally, you two began to realise just how important money was. That’s when you went into private practice, opened your own practice, became well known and wrote a ton of books.’
‘I know my life, I don’t need you to tell me what I already know.’
‘Oh yes, I do. So, let me finish.’ He seemed to be enjoying this and this was what made her nervous. ‘Taylor became a better lawyer or should I say he started to represent the rich rather than the poor. You can only be Robinhood for so long. But then both your careers took you away from why you went private practice in the first place and you drifted apart.’
‘It didn’t happen that way. You think you know me, but you don’t. All you have are facts. Moments of my life.’
‘This is true, but I don’t need to know every single detail, I just need to know enough. It turns out your husband fell out of love with you and left you for another woman.’
That still stung.
‘I’m sorry he did that.’
‘Why are you sorry?’
‘Because a beautiful woman like you deserves to be treated better.’
‘You mean by someone like you.’ She shook her head. ‘The last time someone said that, it got me into this mess.’
‘Yes, now I’m a little confused about the mess you keep talking about. You’ve been doing so well for so long. Then suddenly your husband breaks up with you, you receive a client who isn’t just a normal client, but a vicious murderer who has killed god knows how many women. I read that in the papers. Not only do you receive this new patient, but you get him to reveal where the bodies are. No one was able to do that. Why you? Is that why you’re in so much trouble, Doctor Lawrence?’


This story is available on Amazon and coming soon to other outlets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment